LUCIFER LIGHTING COMPANY (Seller) warrants that for a period of one (1) year from date of sale to the first non-retail purchaser, Seller will repair or replace, at the Seller’s sole option, free of charge, any defective products purchased from Seller provided that prior authorization is obtained from the Seller and the products are sent prepaid to the Seller’s manufacturing facility. Lamps are not warranted or guaranteed in any manner for any length of time, except LED lamp modules and power supplies used in Seller’s recessed, surface mount and exterior lighting fixtures, are warranted to operate with 70% lumen maintenance from the date of sale by Seller for five (5) years. LED MR-16 style lamps supplied by Seller are only warranted as provided by their original maker. Please refer to the following limiting conditions.
· The Citizen, Bridgelux, Xicato, Sharp and Lumenetix LED lamp modules provided by Seller are only suitable for use in ceiling or plenum conditions where the maximum operating temperature of the module does not exceed 90°C (194°F) and/or the ambient temperature does not exceed 40°C (104°F) or lower threshold as featured on Seller's product specification literature.
· These terms only cover the power supply (if purchased from Seller) and Citizen, Bridgelux, Xicato, Sharp, and Lumenetix LED modules.
· If installed outdoors, the power supply must always be shielded from direct sunlight. The power supply cannot be installed in areas where liquids may pool.
· The end user must ensure that the AC input voltage has measures in place to prevent lightning strike surges and that large load shift surges are reduced or eliminated prior to the input of the power supply. Power supplies returned with this type of damage are not covered under Seller’s Limited Warranty.
· Seller reserves the right to physically evaluate the LED module and driver supplied by Seller for compliance with these conditions. An end user’s refusal to return such fixture articles shall void Seller’s Limited Warranty.
· The LED module will be considered in working condition and therefore not warrantable if it meets or exceeds 70% of its original flux and remains within a range of 3 duv.
· The color temperature of the Citizen, Bridgelux, Xicato, Sharp and Lumenetix LED module is guaranteed to remain within a range of 3 duv for a period of five (5) years from date of sale by Seller.
· Any tampering or disassembly of the LED module or LED heat-sink assembly without Seller’s prior written consent will immediately void the warranty.
Where Seller’s fixtures are used in conjunction with drivers/power supplies sourced by others and/or where POE (power over ethernet) systems are present, Seller’s warranty will only apply to the Seller supplied lighting fixtures. In all instances where drivers/power supplies and/or POE are by others, the responsibility to confirm the selected power supply(s) conforms to operating parameters of Seller’s fixtures shall be the responsibility of others. Lucifer Lighting UL2108 listed fixtures must be installed in accordance with UL2108 listing and installation standards. Approved parameters (involving voltage, current, and power quality for the selected fixtures and outputs) will be provided by Seller upon request, however the parameters should not be considered exhaustive for the purpose of the warranty and represents a good faith effort by Seller to support its customers. All warranty claims are subject to Seller’s review and if Seller determines the root cause of the issue involves supplied power supply(s) by others, Seller's warranty shall not be applicable. Further, in such events of supplied power supply(s) by others, Seller makes no guarantee as to fixture operating performance (startup time, flicker, shimmer, pop-on/pop-off, dimming, etc.).
In no event shall Seller’s obligations under this warranty extend beyond the initial cost of the products and, accordingly, consequential damages arising out of any claimed product defect are expressly excluded. This Warranty does not cover the costs, if any, in re-installation of products serviced under this Warranty. This Warranty does not cover damage or failure caused by acts of God, abuse, misuse, abnormal usage, or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use in installations including those contained in the latest National Electrical Code (NEC), the standards for safety of Underwriters Laboratory, Inc. (UL), standards for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) or, in Canada, the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), or, in the European Union, the Conformité Européenne (CE Marking), faulty installation, or any repairs or modifications other than those made by the Seller. This Warranty does not cover damage or failure caused by abnormal spikes in power, dirty power, and light fixtures used with power supplies or other products not supplied by Seller, nor shall it apply to defects for which written notice thereof is not received by Seller.
In the event that any of the terms of this Warranty are in conflict with any rule of law or statutory provision or otherwise unenforceable under the laws or regulations of any government or subdivision thereof, such terms shall be deemed stricken from this Warranty, but such invalidity or unenforceability shall not invalidate any of the other terms of this Warranty and this Warranty shall continue in force.
EXCEPT AS TO SELLER’S WARRANTY OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SET FORTH ABOVE, THERE ARE NO UNDERSTANDINGS, AGREEMENTS, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ANY REGARDING THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE), RESPECTING LUCIFER LIGHTING COMPANY PRODUCTS. THIS WARRANTY IS THE PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST THE SELLER FOR THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AT SELLER’S OPTION OF DEFECTIVE LUCIFER LIGHTING PRODUCTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PRODUCTS SOLD HEREUNDER.
For service under this warranty, please provide the original date of sale and nature of difficulty being experienced. All service matters should be directed to:
3750 IH35 North San Antonio, Texas 78219 P210.227.7329 F210.227.4967 WWW.LUCIFERLIGHTING.COM